What is Manual Lymphatic Drainage?
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is an advanced very gentle, ‘light touch’ form of massage based on pumping, circular and spiral shaped movements, which encourage the lymph fluid to flow more freely around the body.
Conditions we treat with MLD:
- Joint swelling, muscular pain, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis,
- Fluid retention – swollen feet and ankles
- Respiratory conditions including sinusitis, nasal congestion, catarrh
- Digestive conditions such as chronic constipation, flatulence, bloating, IBS,
- Post operative inflammation
- Post traumatic events (e.g. accidents, sport injuries) – MLD reduces swelling, pain, bruising and inflammation
- The prevention, treatment and control of lymphoedema. For example, after breast cancer.