Get a Sports Massage in Peebles
You do not have to be a sporty to benefit from a sports massage in Peebles from Melanie Riley. If you do any form of sport or exercise, you will recover quicker and suffer fewer aches and strains if you have a regular massage as part of your training regime.
If you are a sports performer at any level, a sports specific massage can be beneficial for:
The conditioning / training phase
Regardless what you do in sport or exercise, whether you exercise socially or compete at a high level, Sports Massage Therapy may have something to offer you.
Some common injuries that can be helped or remedied with sports massage are:
- Knee Injuries (Cruciate ligament Sprain, Meniscus tear)
- Piriformis syndrome
- Adhesive Capsulitis (frozen shoulder)
- Tennis & Golfers Elbow (medial and lateral epicondylitis)
- Rotator Cuff Injuries (shoulder injuries)
- IT Band Syndrome (Iliotibial band or runners knee)
- Plantar Fasciitis (Foot surface pain)
- Upper and Lower back pain (movements of the lumbar, thoracic and cervical spine)
- Ankle sprains (lateral ankle sprains account for 10-15% of all sporting injuries)
- Achilles tendon problems (tendonitis (inflammation) or tendinosis (degeneration)